Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

being a mom is scary...

usually at some point each day i find myself in awe of something one of my sweet babies has done or said. sometimes it is because i think i might just strangle one of them because the heathen in them is just shining through, and then other times my face hurts because i have smiled all day. i usually try not to think about the weight and responsibility being a parent entails because to be honest it is completely overwhelming. i mean really, do you think about what God expects from us as parent's? hello, He gave his son; willingly (for us). the bar ,my friend,  is set so high i know it is unattainable but it sure does make me wanna be the best mom for my kids. i said all of that to say this- i love being a mom, but i am daily scared to death. you know nine weeks ago the only influences in my children's lives were me, darrin, and family- (and those close friends we chose to let interact with our kids), but then Noah started school and that all changed. it is so obvious that even in kindergarten kids are not all raised like ours. even now as i sit here i realize we have so much to be thankful for and so many mountains still to climb. i love my sweet boy and i love that even now at 5 (and a half- he is quick to remind me) he has a hunger for God's word. we have been learning a new verse each night, though sometimes i forget or can't get Caleb and Mc to sit still long enough for us to learn a verse, and even on those nights Noah asks for his verse. he wants to learn more scripture. i am in awe and scared to death all at the same time. what a responsibility. 

No comments:

Post a Comment