Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2012

struggles of life


Do you guys ever find yourselves struggling with who you are and who you know God wants you to be, with what you're doing and what you know He wants you to be doing? It is quite possible that I am the only one, but I truly doubt that! If you are struggling and dealing with those hard questions what are you doing to find the answers? Are you seeking Him? Are you deepening your walk or are you hiding? If God did not put you where you are why are you staying? If God did not tell you to do the job you are doing why are you doing it? 
(now don't get me wrong- I know that we all have to support our families? I am not suggesting you quit your job and live on the street!- I am just pointing out- that even our jobs can fall into His plan and His will)

Read this:

Proverbs 4:4-7
 4 he taught me and said, 
       "Lay hold of my words with all your heart; 
       keep my commands and you will live.
 5 Get wisdom, get understanding; 
       do not forget my words or swerve from them.
 6 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; 
       love her, and she will watch over you.
 7 Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. 
       Though it cost all you have, [a] get understanding.


These verses just jump off the page at me. It is like they are screaming "do you see this, do you hear me, are you deaf?"  The Word puts it so clear; we are to "get wisdom" and "get understanding" no matter the cost. We are to find what God has for us by finding His wisdom for our life. We are to give it our all, we are to seek Him with our every breath, with every minute of time that He gives us, with every opportunity to go deeper!  
I can not help but wonder what will the cost be? What is going to happen when I find wisdom and learn what God has for me? You want to know the awesome part? When I keep reading more words scream at me. Sure it is going to be tough but verse 6 says “that when I love wisdom she will watch over me and even protect me”. God has a plan. He is not asking us to find Him, to walk deeper with Him all on our own. He is making it clear to me, to us, that He is going to walk with us. He is going on the journey with us, all He wants is for us to be willing to start the journey.


Are you? Are you willing to start the journey, to find wisdom, and in finding it- learn His plan for who you are and what you are to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment