Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Scripture Memory

So, for awhile now we have been helping Noah learn scripture. I have very fond memories of learning the books of the Bible & verses when I was a little girl. I was such a sweet little nerd but I really did love Bible Drill. Darrin & I are hoping to instill that same kind of passion in our kids and to be honest teaching Noah (and the others at times) has definitely helped to spark that passion once again w/in me! One of my fondest memories as a teen-ager were early morning (before school) meetings at McDonald's learning scripture with Nicole and Amy (youth minister's wife & close friend). Those verses we learned I can still remember and they have, on more than one occasion helped me through difficult situations and heart break. I pray that our kids will have that same kind of love and passion for God's word, and also that in teaching them His word, Darrin and I learn to better apply what we know and continue to learn on a daily basis to parenting and to deepen our walks and relationships with our Heavenly Father.

If you have ever wondered if studying and learning Scripture can make a difference in your life I dare you to try it. Start with something simple and go from there. Believe me once you allow God's word to permeate your heart you will never doubt the power of His words again. Sure there will be times when you momentarily forget how powerful and important the Bible is to your faith, but God will quickly remind you and draw you back. All you have to do is trust Him and remember to "hide His words in your heart".

 (I am not promising that life will always be easy or that you won't go through rough times in your relationship, but I am promising that when you hide God's word in your heart you will never be alone or hopeless! His word offers companionship when you're lonely and hope for those times that you feel life simply can't go on)

Here is Noah's list......   (this is purely for my benefit so that i can have a record of where we started...)

Daniel 2:28
Psalm 40:17
Psalm 63:8
Eph. 2:25




No comments:

Post a Comment